Once again this year, the i2b2 tranSMART Foundation will be present at the International Molecular Medicine Tri-Conference in San Francisco on Feb 12-14, 2018! Join over 3,700 drug discovery and development professionals worldwide at the 25th International Molecular Medicine Tri-Conference! The Exhibit Hall will be open Monday evening, Feb 12th, through Wednesday Feb 14th at 2PM. We
From the Executive Director’s Desk
December 11th, 2017
Dear i2b2 tranSMART Community,
What an incredible year it has been for the Foundation. In 2017, we have accomplished so much, including bringing together the translational medicine and clinical research communities through the merger of the i2b2 and tranSMART foundations into one collaborative community that is realizing the promise of precision medicine.
In addition to the merger, in 2017, we trained more than 400 scientists through our Training Program, held two successful conferences with more than 200 attendees at each bringing together the collective i2b2 and tranSMART communities and released tranSMART version 16.2.
We have three active Project Management Committees (PMCs) that are building and executing on individualized roadmaps for the tranSMART, i2b2 and joint i2b2 and tranSMART platforms. These PMCs are made up of diverse groups of individuals that are contributing to the design, development and testing efforts of our platforms.
Our new Membership Program has been built to focus on more actively engaging the community into the efforts. It is our members that drive the organization and are enabling the Foundation to be instrumental part of the acceleration of precision medicine.
We have also begun establishing Working Groups in specific areas as a way for the community, members and partners to interact to help the Foundation and its platforms.
We have made significant strides, but have so much more we can do to fulfill our mission. In 2018, we have outlined four main areas that will help drive the success of the Foundation.
- Working Groups – Currently, the areas of focus are Events, ETL, Training, Ontologies, and User Interfaces. If you are interested in leading, joining or suggesting a Working Group, click here.
- Partnership Program – In January, we will be updating our Partnership Program to focus on the combined academic and commercial communities. Without our partners, the Foundation cannot exist.
- Expanded Training – With the success of our Training Program in 2017, we are making a concerted effort to expand our topics, including i2b2-specific training.
- Roadmap – We are developing and publishing a new combined i2b2/tranSMART vision and roadmap of the combined tranSMART/i2b2 in the first quarter of 2018.
There is so much opportunity for our community to make an impact on precision medicine. But, we need your help. Please consider how you can get involved in 2018, whether it’s participating in a Working Group or PMC, spreading the word about our Training Programs, and/or becoming a partner.
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, so please consider making a donation to help support the Foundation and the future of precision medicine by clicking here.
Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy holiday season and best wishes for 2018!
Diane Keogh - Executive Director
- Final Training Class of 2017: Loading Clinical Data and Basic tranSMART Platform Features
- Register Now for the next Training webinar: Using the tranSMART R Interface
- October 2017 Community Meeting
- New Training Class by Ranch BioScience using PPMI and BioFind from MJFF – Oct 30th 2017
- First Time Class: Data Modeling for tranSMART with Arborist
- DDNews Article: Bringing the data for precision medicine
tranSMART Foundation Blog
The Hyve, Silver Member of the tranSMART Foundation, is offering three
We welcome Boehringer Ingelheim as the newest Silver Member of the
EPAM has joined GeneDx and Rancho BioSciences as the newest 2016 Corporate
March 12 @ 8:00 am - March 14 @ 5:00 pm
March 20 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
April 17 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm