January 14, 2015 – The tranSMART Foundation, a non-profit organization providing a global, open-source knowledge management platform for scientists to share pre-competitive translational research data, today announced that 20 life sciences and technology organizations have made substantial commitments by joining its Membership Program. Members not only become integral parts of the Foundation’s community, they also
From the CEO Desk
Spring is just around the corner, though with Boston breaking all records for snowfall this year, it is a bit hard to believe it will come anytime soon. However, the Foundation is actively preparing for spring, and will be hosting a number of key events in the coming months.
We have our annual BioIT World related events this year, April 21-23. We will be exhibiting at the BioIT World meeting, have our quarterly board meeting, hosting a community meeting, and hosting in person 3C committee meetings. It will be a busy week. The following week, April 28-30, we are hosting our first Datathon, with our co-host the Michael J. Fox Foundation. This event will also be held in Boston - so we are keeping our fingers crossed for the arrival of spring.
We will be releasing another major patch release resulting from our ongoing ‘Bug-fix-athon’, which will be 1.2.5. The VM for v1.2.4 has also just been released - check it out on VirtualBox. Our membership drive continues, and we would like to welcome onboard Philips as a new Silver member. There is a lot happening this spring, and a lot to be involved with at the tranSMART Foundation.
- Version 1.2.3 of the tranSMART Platform Released
- TranSMART Platform Powers International Asthma Research Initiative
- tranSMART Foundation Announces Keynote Speakers for 2014 Annual Meeting
- tranSMART Foundation Launches Version 1.2 of its Open-source Knowledge Management Platform for Life Science Research
- Harvard Medical School and the Phelan-McDermid Syndrome Foundation Contract Leverages the tranSMART Open-source Knowledge Management Platform
- The tranSMART Foundation Elects New Board of Directors