BioIT World Best in Show AwardtranSMART Foundation was selected as the Informatics Tools & Data Best In Show winner for the latest version of the tranSMART Platform.
Best Practice AwardThe Michael J Fox Foundation was awarded a special Judges Prize for it work with Thomson Reuters using the tranSMART Foundation platform for their research information. Read the BioIT World Coverage of this Award
Poster AwardWard Westra accepts the reward for his poster, " Multi-omics data analysis in tranSMART using the Cell Line User Case dataset"
Bio-IT-World-Poster-Multi-omics-data-analysis-in-tranSMART Ward Weistra* , Janneke Schoots-van der Ploeg, Jochem Bijlard, Kees van Bochove, Mariska Bierkens[3,6], Sanne Abeln, Jan-Willem Boiten, Wim van der Linden, Jeroen A.M. Belien, Gerrit A. Meijer, Remond J.A. Fijneman
-  The Hyve, Weg der Verenigde Naties 1, 3527 KT Utrecht, The Netherlands The Hyve, Cambridge Innovation Center, 1 Broadway, 14th Floor, Cambridge, MA 02142, United States
-  Centre for Integrative Bioinformatics (IBIVU), VU University, De Boelelaan 1081A, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
-  VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
-  CTMM-TraIT, Centre for Translational Molecular Medicine, High Tech Campus 84, 5656 AG, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
-  Philips Research, High Tech Campus 34, 5656 AE Eindhoven, The Netherlands
-  Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3C Committee Meet at BioIT WorldThe 3C Committees (Code, Content and Community) met on Tuesday April 21st. A summary will be posted here soon by the Committee Chairs.
Community Meeting hosted by ConvergeHEALTH by DeloitteOne of the highlights for the week was the face-to-face Community Meeting on the evening of Wednesday April 22nd at 6:30 PM, graciously hosted by ConvergeHEALTH by Deloitte. Over 100 tranSMART Community members attended. The presentations and discussions focused on three topics:
- Foundation Update - Keith Elliston
- Content - Community Data Repositories - Julie Bryant and Content Committee
- Reports from the 3C Committees - Code, Content and Community
- tranSMART Marketplace - Rudy Potenzone