The tranSMART Foundation at the BioIT World 2015 Conference, April 20-23, 2015, Boston MA
BioIT World Best in Show Award
tranSMART Foundation was selected as the Informatics Tools & Data Best In Show winner for the latest version of the tranSMART Platform.
Best Practice Award
The Michael J Fox Foundation was awarded a special Judges Prize for it work with Thomson Reuters using the tranSMART Foundation platform for their research information.
Ward Westra accepts the reward for his poster, ” Multi-omics data analysis in tranSMART using the Cell Line User Case dataset”
Ward Weistra* , Janneke Schoots-van der Ploeg, Jochem Bijlard, Kees van Bochove, Mariska Bierkens[3,6], Sanne Abeln, Jan-Willem Boiten, Wim van der Linden, Jeroen A.M. Belien, Gerrit A. Meijer, Remond J.A. Fijneman
-  The Hyve, Weg der Verenigde Naties 1, 3527 KT Utrecht, The Netherlands
The Hyve, Cambridge Innovation Center, 1 Broadway, 14th Floor, Cambridge, MA 02142, United States
-  Centre for Integrative Bioinformatics (IBIVU), VU University, De Boelelaan 1081A, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
-  VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
-  CTMM-TraIT, Centre for Translational Molecular Medicine, High Tech Campus 84, 5656 AG, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
-  Philips Research, High Tech Campus 34, 5656 AE Eindhoven, The Netherlands
-  Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
*E-mail: email@example.com. Tel: +31 (0)30 7009713.
3C Committee Meet at BioIT World
The 3C Committees (Code, Content and Community) met on Tuesday April 21st.
A summary will be posted here soon by the Committee Chairs.
Community Meeting hosted by ConvergeHEALTH by Deloitte
One of the highlights for the week was the face-to-face Community Meeting on the evening of Wednesday April 22nd at 6:30 PM, graciously hosted by ConvergeHEALTH by Deloitte. Over 100 tranSMART Community members attended.
The presentations and discussions focused on three topics:
- Foundation Update – Keith Elliston
- Content – Community Data Repositories – Julie Bryant and Content Committee
- Reports from the 3C Committees – Code, Content and Community
- tranSMART Marketplace – Rudy Potenzone
The Event was recorded and it is posted at the links with the full slide deck
Photo Library from BioIT World 2015
[Not a valid template]