Chairs – Brian Athey (Foundation), Julie Bryant (Rancho BioSciences)
The Content Committee met at the 2014 tranSMART Foundation Annual Meeting. Please contact one of the Chairs for more information on how to get involved.
Foundation CEO Keith Elliston gave an overview of the 3C Committees and their operation during the Annual Meeting. You can see his presentation VIDEO.
The individual 3C Committee summary presentations are also available: VIDEO.
Finally, there was a panel discussion on the interactions between the Committees which is also available: VIDEO.
Content Committee Priorities
- Resolve issues around “Data Rights and Distribution”
- Leadership in Data standards and metadata
- Lead in peer-review publications and tF directory services
- Resolve issues regarding code ownership
- Participate with Community, Code Committee, and management Team to weigh options relating to a v1.3 release vs. a v 2.0 release
Principles for Data publication/Sharing we will follow
- Get Credit for Sharing Your Data
- Publications will be indexed and citeable.
- Authors select from three Creative Commons licenses for the main Data Descriptor. Each publication supported by CCO metadata.
- Focused on Data Reuse
- All the information others need to reuse the data; no interpretative analysis, or hypothesis testing
- Rigorous peer-review focused on technical data quality and reuse value
- Promoting Community Data Repositories
- Not a new data repository; data stored in community data repositories
- Standardized metadata and ease of loading and use/re-use
The Content Committee and Platform v1.2
- Which data should be distributed with the package?
- What method should be used to distribute (rights)?