The Membership is the cornerstone of the tranSMART Foundation.
The Membership Program is a newly formed group of individuals that have been nominated to help guide the i2b2 tranSMART Foundation in fulfilling its mission. The self-directing group of Foundation stakeholders is engaged in the organization’s operations, fundraising, software development, and the nomination and election of new board members.
- The membership initially included approximately 50 individuals selected based on merit and contribution by the board of directors and executive teams. Membership will grow and evolve over time to ensure that the group remains active and engaged, and that it represents the key stakeholders in thei2b2 tranSMART community.
- Nominations were received from the Members in early November and an election was held. 19 new Members were elected. There are currently 66 Members of the Foundation.
The Members are organizing a set of Working Groups on various topics of interest. At the Membership Meeting, the following Working Groups were discussed:
- Review Foundation sponsored activities and to review participation in scientific conferences and meetings
- EVENTS WORKING GROUP PAGE
- User Interfaces for i2b2, tranSMART and the i2b2 tranSMART platforms
For more details on the Membership program CLICK HERE for Membership Information