tranSMART is a knowledge management platform that enables scientists to develop and refine research hypotheses by investigating correlations between genetic and phenotypic data, and assessing their analytical results in the context of published literature and other work. It was designed to meet the needs of basic scientists, clinician-scientists, pharmacologists, toxicologists and others involved in drug discovery and development.
The tranSMART platform makes it possible for scientists to:
- Develop, test and refine research hypotheses
- Search multiple data sets for potential drug targets, pathways and biomarkers
- Compare data from proteomics, metabolomics and other “omics” studies
- Contrast patterns of gene expression in healthy and diseased individuals and tissue samples
- Investigate correlations between genotype and phenotype in clinical trial data
- Mine pre-clinical data for insights into the biology of human disease
- Study genetic and environmental factors involved in human disease
- Display data visually using a graphical interface
- Stratify clinical data into molecular subtypes of a specific disease
- Collaborate across academic and corporate research sectors
More than a Platform . . .
It is important to realize that tranSMART is more than a Platform. It is the entire environment around it including Members, the Community and the tranSMART team.
To learn more about using tranSMART or how to join the tranSMART community, use one of the following links:
- Joining tranSMART as a Member
- Participate in one of the 3C Committees (Code, Content or Community)
- Using the Platform
- Getting Training on the Platform
- Registering as a Vendor
- Upcoming Events
- Other Information